Get ready to party hard and party long: The Park’s 2016 Celebration of the Winter Solstice will begin tomorrow at sunrise and end—officially, that is— at three o’clock in the morning on December 22.
“We’re pulling out all the stops this year. It’s going to be a celebration to end all celebrations,” Aintza Kanariar said, as she announced the official schedule as per the Department of Holidays, Festivals, and Celebrations.
So fully packed will this holiday festival be, that it will be hard to find a band or a performing artist who is not participating.
In fact, Kanariar said, the only performers who will not be making an appearance tomorrow will be those who are in hibernation. Among them, of course, is Millicent Hayberry, who reportedly has sent a video message to Solstice celebrants.
In addition to Belles and Whistles, music makers who will take the stage include:
The Feral Four
The Canary Cousins
Les Chiens Débraillés
Memes of Production
Eggie and The Pigs
Inktvis and Krake
The All-Rodent Marching Band
The Beasts of Burden
The Endeka Elephant Band is scheduled to make a special appearance at noon, Kanariar confirmed. They will be introduced by Thisbe and the Barkettes.
Other highlights of the celebration include:
- An original dance choreographed for the occasion by Herman Stoat will be performed by his eponymous dance company. The title of this year’s dance is “The Cyclamen in Winter.”
- Jugglers, clowns, and a Human imitator will provide entertainment throughout the celebration
- Wilbur J. Pika and members of the New Harmony Theatre will read selected pages from The AutoZOËography of ZoëCat
- Students from the Hani Gajah School of Art will be providing free tail-painting for young participants
- Costume dress-up events will be hosted by the Park Historical Society
- Harmonious Hannah and Humphrey will be on hand throughout the festivities
As always, a major component of the celebration will be the food.This year’s fare will be provided by The Battering Ram Café, The Compost Heap, The Broop ‘n Miaow, The Draft, The Pound Gastropub, and The Cackling Goose Tavern. Mikko Tikkeri’s The Feeding Station will be serving a full breakfast just after the solstice occurs and chef Tab Tricolore will host an afternoon and evening “feral buffet.” Ants in Your Pantry and Provisions by Petrounel will once again send all attendees home with tasty party favours.
The Celebration of the Winter Solstice begins at sunrise on December 21. Food will be served throughout the event. The Solstice will occur at 5:44 a.m. Local Park Time (LPT).